20.3.08

d&ad



I've been literaly flat out finishing my entry for the d&ad student awards for the last three weeks or so. I havent done anything else except worry about my blood pressure/bank balance. The deadline was the 20th and acording to the post office my entry arrived on the 19th safe and sound. The brief I entered was entitled Identity and set by Paul Davis, I had to produce an A3 size, 16 page, hardbound illustrated book. The book I made was entitled the Vegetable Lamb of Tartary, i'd describe it as a cross between the Very Hungry Catterpillar and the Outsider. Im a superstitious person, as the great Dale Cooper once said "coincidence and fate figure largely in our lives", this book was shaped by these things and I think I have a good feeling about it. Until the judging begins however lets all cross our fingers, salute the magpies and dont step on any cracks......